India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: India Post invites online applications from eligible candidates for the engagement of 38,926 Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)as BPM/ABPM/Dak Sevak. 10th pass can apply.
Interested and eligible candidates may apply before 5th June 2022. More details about the recruitment is provided below.
Post Name:- Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM/Dak Sevak)
- No of posts:- 38,926 Posts
- Postal circle-wise vacancy list
1. Andhra Pradesh: 1716 Posts
2. Assam: 1143 Posts
3. Bihar: 990 Posts
4. Chhattisgarh: 1253 Posts
5. Delhi: 60
6. Gujarat: 1901 Posts
7. Haryana: 921 Posts
8. Himachal Pradesh: 1007 Posts
9. Jammu & Kashmir: 265 Posts
10. Jharkhand: 610 Posts
11. Karnataka: 2410 Posts
12. Kerala: 2203 Posts
13. Madhya Pradesh: 4074 Posts
14. Maharashtra: 3026 Posts
15. Punjab: 969 Posts
16. Rajasthan: 2890 Posts
17. Tamil Nadu: 4810 Posts
18. Telangana: 1226 Posts
19. Uttar Pradesh: 2519 Posts
20. Uttarakhand: 353 Posts
21. West Bengal: 1963 Posts
- Age limit:- 18 to 40 years. The upper age relaxation is up to 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST, and 10 years for PWD candidates.
- Salary:- Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level-1 in TRCA Slab
# For BPM: Rs. 12,000/-
# For ABPM/Dak Sevak: Rs.10,000/-
- Educational Qualification:- The candidate should have passed Secondary School Examination of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
- Local Language Proficiency:- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to the 10th standard.
- Knowledge of Cycling:- Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In the case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motorcycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling also.
How to apply for India Post GDS Recruitment 2022 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Vacancy?
The application can be submitted online only at https://indiapostgdsonline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode shall not be entertained.
The last date for submission of the application is 5th June 2022.
The candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself/herself in the portal through https://indiapostgdsonline.gov.in with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number.
- Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father’s Name/Mother’s Name
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Date of Birth
- PwD – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- The language studied in Xth class
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Scanned Passport Photograph
- Scanned Signature
Only one Registration is allowed for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for the submission of applications. Once registered the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registration of any other candidate. The candidates must have their own active email id and mobile number.
In case any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details, the candidature relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection.
Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through the option ‘Forgot registration’.
- A fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) is to be paid by the applicants for all posts notified in the chosen Division. However, payment of fee is exempted for all female candidates, SC/ST candidates, PwD candidates, and Transwomen candidates.
- For making the payment of the fee the candidate should refer to the Registration Number.
- Payment Mode: Credit/Debit Cards, Net Banking facility/ UPI, and through Head Post offices.
- Selection will be made as per the system-generated merit list based on the merit position of the candidate and the preference of posts submitted.
- No weightage will be given to higher educational qualifications. Only marks obtained in the 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- Notice for document verification will be sent only to the most suitable candidate for the post based on merit and preference submitted.
- Provisionally selected candidate while attending to the Documents verification, the candidate has to come alongwith original documents and one set of photocopies for submission. Adequate time will be given to the selected candidates to report with original certificates for verification. If the verification is successful, provisional engagement order will be given. Else, the next candidate in merit will get the system-generated email/SMS.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the Vacancy official notification in detail before submitting applications.