India Post Recruitment 2023: The Department of Posts has released an employment notification for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS). These vacancies shall be filled for the post of Branch Postmaster (BPM)/ Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)/ Dak Sevak). Minimum 10th Passed candidates can apply for these India Post GDS vacancies. The last date for submission of the application is 16.02.2023.
Gramin Dak Sevaks
- No of Posts:- Total 40889
- Circle-wise vacancy list with required local language:-
1. Andhra Pradesh: 2480 [Telugu]
2. Assam: 355 [Assamese/Asomiya]
3. Assam: 36 [Bengali/Bangla]
4. Assam: 16 [Bodo]
5. Bihar: 1461 [Hindi ]
6. Chattisgarh: 1593 [Hindi]
7. Delhi: 46 [Hindi]
8. Gujarat: 2017 [Gujarati]
9. Haryana: 354 [Hindi]
10. Himachal Pradesh: 603 [Hindi]
11. Jammukashmir: 300 [Hindi/Urdu]
12. Jharkhand: 1590 [Hindi]
13. Karnataka: 3036 [Kannada]
14. Kerala: 2462 [Malayalam]
15. Madhya Pradesh: 1841 [Hindi]
16. Maharashtra: 94 [Konkani/Marathi]
17. Maharashtra: 2414 [Marathi]
18. North Eastern: 201 [Bengali]
19. North Eastern: 395 [Hindi/English]
20. North Eastern: 209 [Manipuri/English]
21. North Eastern: 118 [Mizo]
22. Odisha: 1382 [Oriya]
23. Punjab: 6 [Hindi/English]
24. Punjab: 760 [Punjabi]
25. Rajasthan: 1684 [Hindi]
26. Tamilnadu: 3167 [Tamil]
27. Telangana: 1266 [Telugu]
28. Uttar Pradesh: 7987 [Hindi]
29. Uttarakhand: 889 [Hindi]
30. WB: 2001 [Bengali]
31. WB: 29 [Hindi/English]
32. WB: 54 [Nepali]
33. WB: 19 [Nepali/Bengali]
34. WB: 24 [Nepali/English]
- Age limit:- 18 to 40 years. The Upper age relaxation is up to 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST, and 10 years for PWD candidates.
# For : Rs.12,000/- to 29,380/-
# For ABPM/Dak Sevak: Rs.10,000/- to 24,470/-
- Essential Qualification:-
(a) Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects).
(b) The applicant should have studied the local language i.e. (Name of Local language at least up to Secondary standard [as compulsory or elective subjects].
- Other Eligibility Criteria:-
(i) Knowledge of computer
(ii) Knowledge of cycling
(iii) Adequate means of livelihood
How to apply for India Post Recruitment 2023: Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) Jobs?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 27th January 2023 to 17th February 2023 on the official website www.indiapostgdsonline.in with the easy steps given below:
Step 1: Registration:– Students are required to click on the ‘Registration Tab’ where they are required to enter their details such as Mobile Number, Email, Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, etc.
Step 2: Submit Online Application:– After Registration, students shall be required to enter their registration number and select the circle
Step 3: Choose Preferences:- An applicant can only apply for vacant  of GDS in only one of the selected divisions one or more.
Step 4: Take the printout of the application form.
Selection Procedure for India Post GDS Recruitment 2023
- India Post will shortlist the candidates based on system generated merit list.
- The Merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained/ conversion of Grades/ Points to marks in the Secondary School Examination of 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals. Passing all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
- A fee of Rs.100/-/-(Rupees one hundred only) is to be paid by the applicants for all posts notified in choice of Division. However, fee payment is exempted for all female applicants, SC/ST applicants, PwD applicants, and Transwomen applicants.
Candidates may follow the below-mentioned steps to apply online.
- Scroll down, and go to below Online Application Link.
- Click on “Apply Online” and complete the registration process by clicking “New Registration”.
- In the next stage, click on the “Online Application” Link and log in.
- Fill out your all personal and educational details and upload the necessary documents.
- In the end, submit the form.
- Don’t forget to take a print of a copy of the submitted application form.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the below official notification in detail before submitting applications.