Assam University Recruitment 2022: Assam University (AUS), Silchar has released an employment notification for the recruitment of 02 Chair Professor and Assistant Professor Vacancy under Dr. Ambedkar Chair sanctioned by the Dr. Ambedkar Foundation.
Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply here. More details about the recruitment are provided below.
|Application Process||Online Form|
|Last Date for Chair||30/06/2022|
|Last Date for Assistant||30/07/2022|
1. Chair Professor (Full Time)
- No. of vacancy: 01 (UR)
- Educational Qualification: As per UGC Regulations, 2018 & Amendment, 2021
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2. (Specialization in Dr. Ambedkar’s Thought & Philosophy/ Education, Social justice/Inclusion/Harmony is desirable).
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institution with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate.
OR An outstanding professional, having Ph.D. Degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/ industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/ allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
2. Assistant Professor
- No. of vacancy: 01 (UR)
- Educational Qualification:
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a pointscale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR,
Or A similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./ Ph.D./Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET: Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinance/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. Degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted.
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
- The Candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conference/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
- Pay Level: Academic Level-10 (Cell 1 in 7th CPC)
How to Apply for Assam University Professor Recruitment?
Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post will be required TO SUBMIT SEPARATE ONLINE APPLICATIONS ALONG WITH SEPARATE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM and R E G I S T R A T I O N FEES. Candidates need to send hard copy of Printout of Online Application Form along with all self-attested copies of certificates/educational qualification/experience/testimonials and other Requisite documents in support of eligibility must be attached with each application along with details of fees paid.
Application Fee: A non-refundable Registration Fee of Rs. 1000/- (for UR, OBC & EWS) and Rs. 500/- (for SC, ST & PWD) the application fee is to be paid through the payment gateway by online Internet Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
Only online applications will be accepted, which can be filled/downloaded from university website www.aus.ac.in or http://assamu1.ucanapply.com. Copy of PDF downloaded application form along with all self-attested testimonials, certificates / educational qualifications and all supporting documents should reach to “The Assistant Registrar, Recruitment Cell, Room No # 103, Raja Rammohan Roy Administrative Building, Assam University, Silchar-788011, Cachar, Assam, India in closed cover by Speed Post/Registered Post only on or before the last date stipulated for the purpose.
Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the below Official Notification in detail before submitting application.