Agnipath Recruitment 2022: Agnipath Scheme or Agneepath Scheme is a newly introduced scheme of the Government of India for the recruitment of soldiers below the rank of commissioned officers into the three services of the armed forces. This scheme has been introduced on 14th June 2022.
The Agnipath Scheme will now be the only way for recruitment into the armed forces. Personnel recruited under this system are to be called Agniveers, which will be a new military rank. The scheme is scheduled to be implemented from September 2022. The Agniveers will serve for a tenure of four years that includes training for six months followed by 3.5 years deployment.
Name of scheme: Agnipath Scheme
- Name of post: Agniveer
- No of posts: 46,000 posts (Tentative)
- Duration of service: 4 Years
- Name of department: Indian Army, Indian Navy & Indian Air Force
- Name of ministry: Ministry of Defence, India
- Date of launch of the scheme: 14th June 2022
- Job location: All India
- Mode of application: Online
- Starting date of submission of application: 24th June 2022
- Application fee: Rs 250/-
Eligibility Criteria of Agnipath Recruitment
Every year, the Indian government is going to recruit 45,000 to 50,000 personnel through this scheme. In September 2022 alone, 46,000
youngsters were planned to be recruited through the scheme.
Department-wise / Area of Service-wise eligibility criteria is as mentioned below.
- Agniveer (General Duty)
Educational Qualification: Passed in class 10th examination with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject.
- Agniveer (Technical)/ Agniveer (Technical) (Aviation & Ammunition Examiner)
Educational Qualification: Passed in class 12th examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject.
- Agniveer Clerk/ Store Keeper (Technical)
Educational Qualification: Passed in class 12th examination in any stream with 60% marks in aggregate and minimum 50% in each subject. English and Maths/ Accounts/ Book Keeping in Class XII is mandatory.
- Agniveer Tradesmen 10th Pass
Educational Qualification: Passed in class 10th examination with minimum 33% marks in each subject.
- Agniveer Tradesmen 8th Pass
Educational Qualification: Passed in class 8th examination with minimum 33% marks in each subject.
Age Limit: Candidates age should not be less than 17 years 6 months and not more than 23 years.
Age Relaxation: The one-time upper age limit has been increased from 21 years to 23 years for the recruitment year 2022-23.
Indian Air Force Agnipath Recruitment
Name of post: Agniveer Vayu
- No of posts: To be updated later
- Name of batch: AGNIVEER VAYU INTAKE 01/2022
- Age Limit: Candidates born between 29th December 1999 and 29th June 2005 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply for Agniveer Vayu posts. In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrollment is 23 years.
- Educational Qualification:
Science Subjects: Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
Passed Two years Vocational Course with non-vocational subject viz. Physics and Maths from State Education Boards/Councils which are listed in COBSE with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course (or in Intermediate/ Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course).
Other Than Science Subjects: Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent examination in any subject approved by Central/ State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed two years vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course or in Intermediate/Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
- Mandatory Medical Standards: General Medical Standards for Agniveer Vayu are as follows:-
# Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms
# Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
# Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
# Corneal Surgery (PRK/ LASIK) is not acceptable. Visual requirements as applicable as per Indian Air Force standards.
# Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
# Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
# General Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
More details about medical standard requirements can be viewed in official notification.
- Examination Fee: Examination fee of Rs.250/- is to be paid by the candidate while registering for the online examination. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Internet Banking through payment gateway. The examination fee can also be paid by Challan payment at any Axis Bank Branch
- Age Limit: Candidates age should not be less than 17 years 6 months and not more than 23 years.
- Educational Qualification: To be updated in due course of time.
Pay Scale of Agnipath Recruitment
Individuals enrolled under Agnipath Scheme will be paid an Agniveer package of Rs. 30,000/- per month with a fixed yearly increment. In addition, Risk and Hardship, Dress and Travel allowances will be paid.
On completion of the engagement period of four years, Agniveers will be eligible to receive ‘Seva Nidhi’ package, which shall comprise their contribution (into the Agniveer Corpus Fund) and matching contribution from the Government and interest on the accumulated amount.
|Year||Customized Package||In Hand (70%)|
|1st Year||Rs 30,000/-||Rs 21,000/-|
|2nd Year||Rs 33,000/-||Rs 23,100/-|
|3rd Year||Rs 36,500/-||Rs 25,580/-|
|4th Year||Rs 40,000/-||Rs 28,000/-|
|Exit after 4 year||Rs 10.04 lakhs plus accrued interest|
|Life Insurance Cover||Rs 48 lakhs|
How to Apply for Agnipath Recruitment?
The application mode for Agnipath Recruitment is online. Interested and eligible candidates must apply online here. Already Army and Air Force released the details recruitment scheme. As per the latest new notification by Army, the online registration will start from July 2022.
Candidates may follow below mentioned steps to apply online.
- Scroll down, go to Important Web-Links section .
- Click on the “Online Application” and complete the registration process by clicking “Click Here for New Registration”.
- In the next stage, click on “Online Application” Link and Login.
- Fill your all personal and educational details and upload necessary documents.
- Next, pay the examination fee and submit the form
- At the end, take a print out of the application form .
Important Dates of Agneepath Vacancy 2022
- Starting date of submission of online application (Air Force): 24th June 2022 from 10 AM
- Last date of submission of online application (Air Force): 5th July 2022 till 5 PM
Important Web-Links of Agnipath Agniveer Recruitment
|Online Application (Air Force)||24/06/2022|
|Online Application (Army)||Coming Soon|
|Online Application (Navy)||Coming Soon|
|Army Agnipath Notification||Click Here|
|Air Force Agnipath Notification||Click Here|
|Navy Agnipath Notification||24th June 2022|
|Terms and Conditions||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Pros and Cons of Agneepath Scheme
As usual like any other policy, the Agneepath Scheme is too having a lot of pros and cons. A few of them is being shortlisted here.
- A fundamental change in the military’s recruitment practices.
- A special chance for young people to help the nation and contribute to nation building.
- Young and active persona for the armed forces.
- Excellent financial deal for the Agniveers.
- Agniveers have the chance to receive training from the greatest universities and improve their abilities and credentials.
- Availability of well disciplined and skilled youth with military ethos in civil society that can be utilized during crucial time.
- Adequate re-employment opportunities including in BSF, CAPF, etc for those returning to society and who could emerge as role models for the youth.
- No pilot scheme to evaluate the plan beforehand.
- No pension benefits and lifelong medical benefits like their predecessor.
- It will weaken military culture, professionalism, and combat spirit.
- 7-8 years are needed to prepare a soldier for combat.
- Agniveers will be cautious and most of them will be seeking for a second job.
- May result in the militarization of society and the annual unemployment of 35,000 adolescents with war experience.